Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Writing Desk #3 and Class/Show Schedule

Let's take a quick look at the third writing desk from two weeks ago:


Dimensions

A rabbet at all transition points:


A rabbet (or two) for each concave portion: 


A snipes bill to separate two profiles and create a sharp quirk: 


A chamfer for each convex portion: 


Knocking off the corners with the appropriately sized hollows and rounds: 


e-complete


If you want to learn and try this and much more come see me at a show or class.

I will be teaching at Bob Van Dyke's Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking on July 7th and 8th.

I will be attending the Lie-Nielsen Open House in Warren, ME the next weekend on July 13th and 14th.

I will also be teaching a weekend workshop at Lie-Nielsen on August 18th and 19th.

And I will be teaching a weekend class with an optional 3rd day at Chuck Bender's 
Acanthus Workshop in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment