Thursday, June 28, 2012

A B C D Exciting News!

First we'll start with some awesome news. Yesterday Chris Schwarz announced the imminent printing of my book, "Mouldings in Practice" that he is publishing through Lost Art Press. The book is 99.9% complete. It will go to the printer in the next week or so, which means shipping is about a month away.

I've seen the final document. Chris and company FAR exceeded my expectations. I'm very excited.

On to the post. Last week we took a quick look at the waist moulding and support of Bill Anderson's corner cabinet featured on The Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill. Let's take a quick look at the two moulding that comprise the crown.

I'll show you the steps, you tell me which plane's you will use in terms of pairs 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 (you'll also need a side round).


Step1 


Step 2 


Step 3 
Steps 1 and 3 will actually all be executed at the same time. I break it down into 2 steps because it shows the purpose of the rabbets. Step 1 includes the rabbets that separate the included profiles (coves from fillets, beads, etc.) Step 3 shows the rabbets that will guide the rounds. Step 2 is in the middle of the two because I got ahead of myself and didn't feel like redrawing.


Step 5


Step 6 


Step 7 


Step 8 


Step 9 


Step 10 




No comments:

Post a Comment