Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Riding Coattails

Bill Anderson was a recently a guest on The Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill to illustrate the making of a Walnut Colonial Corner Cupboard along with all of the various details--mouldings included.

I have had several email exchanges with Bill and finally met him at Woodworking in America last year. He uses these planes differently than I do, but the results are the same.

Bill sent me the profiles from the cupboard and here we are.

Take a look at the profiles. Think about how to execute them. Watch the episode with Roy. Stay tuned here because we will go through them one by one in a different fashion than Bill showed Roy, but with the same results.


That's a lot of custom shaper knives!
I will explain the following shapes in terms of pairs 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and a side round.

I got a little sanding done this morning, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment